Torched government headquarters to be returned to Egyptian Museum | The Art Newspaper
Following a popular petition, and pressure from the Ministry of Antiquities, the derelict former headquarters of Egypt’s National Democratic Party is to be demolished and the land returned to the Egyptian Museum. The land, originally used to transport artefacts directly from the River Nile to the museum’s stores, was taken by the government in 1954 for the construction of the political party’s offices. It will now be developed and become part of the museum’s gardens.
To read the full article, follow the link: Torched government headquarters to be returned to Egyptian Museum.